Saturday 22 April 2017

Roll With Change - Or Be Rolled Over By It!

In Life, one thing is certain. Change is inevitable. Change will be. Change Is. You can either choose to roll with change - or be rolled over BY it! When change is forced upon us, without notice, it can be a challenge to stay positive. But you MUST. If ever I can help anyone to understand anything? It will be this, small but important thing; Change = Opportunity. I will expand upon this in future posts but for just this moment, please indulge me? I want to share a few lessons learned from sudden and unyielding change.

The first lesson would have to be to stay flexible. Rigidity in uncertain times, whether in business or life, will cause extra drag - more than simply gravity!
Second lesson is that it is always good to do a deep, clean out. Yes. Moving forward, a part of my business plan will be the occasional, deep discount fire sale. Were I to do it again, I'd go through, deactivate any items with high value/intrinsic value like gold or gemstones and sell the older stock to clear room/make money to purchase, newer, fresher, higher end "trade ups" if you will.
Third lesson is this; sentimentality in business is counter productive. It is perfectly fine to have a sentimental attachment to things. But not things you want to sell. As long as I am making my money back, to reinvest with a more critical eye? I will be very happy. If I end off making a bit above break even from whatever sale I implement? Kudos! We all love the Chedder - right? lol But in the end? In Vintage/preused? An item is worth whatever someone is willing to give you on the day you decide to sell it.

Finally? Be Proactive!
COMING SOON: www.hipcricket.ca
Here endeth the lessons. up to now.
Your Pal. always,
Hip

6 comments:

  1. Where's the "subscribe" button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! I actually don't know. Will certainly look into it however and let you know asap! Thanks Brenda!

      Delete
    2. You can now subscribe by email, google+ or clicking the "subscribe" button below! Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Hip-itty do dah, Ms. Guru. I hear the crickets making their music for the dance. You write Good Truth, my dear friend. The steps are guided by the sound, and I hear yours with love, openness and joy.
    Don't stop. Any of it! I'll keep listening. And dancing!!!
    And where IS the "subscribe" button?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! LOVE YOU!!!! and I dont know where it is at! I will be moving the blog to my new site soon tho so hold onto yer hats!

      Delete
    2. Good News Cricketeers! You can now Subscribe to my Blog! Follow me on my adventures in Life, through Changes, Challenges and of course - Jewelry! I plan to blog regularly on all things related to: Jewelry whether Collecting, building your collection, selling your Collection, Life Lessons and MORE! Humour will always be a factor here as any who know me will attest - I have learned this lesson well - having a good sense of humour will help you to meet these challenges. So please! Subscribe! Thanks all, as always, your pal
      Hip

      Delete