Friday 12 May 2017

Expect the Unexpected

"Expect the Unexpected". These are words we hear often. If you are at all like myself? Not nearly often enough! I have never, until now, truly understood this phrase. If it is true that change is inevitable, then this phrase is also true. Continuing the lessons from last Month's Post, I would add the following: When change is thrust upon you, surround yourself with smart people. I swear to you that it is possible to climb a point or two in practical IQ by osmosis! When pressed to adapt to sudden change and by asking for advice from people who I consider far more intelligent in the ways and means to pass the test - I suddenly found myself looking at pathways I would never have even recognized, never mind traveled. It forced me to look at things from a new perspective. To observe my own puzzle as though through their eyes. It reinforced the notion that for every door that closes, a window opens. I know, I know! Cheeseball, right? But it is true nonetheless. I began to draw links from questions to answers. I followed all lines and avenues presented. In short, I opened my mind to POSSIBILITIES. They say the most powerful word in the English Language is "IF", am I right? By answering all questions with If, I found a way to Be. As unexpected as it may seem, recognizing opportunity is a large part of success. I suddenly saw answers and ways to make things happen, in a way I never could before the precipitating event. I was forced to adjust my own sense of responsibility and essentially, walk into it more fully. To take a more fulsome ownership and become far more independent. It may seem counter-intuitive, that by asking for help, I became more independent - but it is true! And just when I was ready to hit the button on "GO" - everything changed - yet again! But this time I was open to the possibilities, saw the opportunities and found the answers! All systems are now GO for Hip! HipHipHooray!

Here is a poem of sorts, I wrote that touches upon these factors in a small way:
Curiosity propels us towards interaction. Interaction is progress.
Progress leads us towards purpose. Purpose shows us the path.
Pathways create intersections, within which lay possibility ~ the nucleus of which is hope.

1 comment:

  1. Good News Cricketeers! You can now Subscribe to my Blog! Follow me on my adventures in Life, through Changes, Challenges and of course - Jewelry! I plan to blog regularly on all things related to: Jewelry whether Collecting, building your collection, selling your Collection, Life Lessons and MORE! Humour will always be a factor here as any who know me will attest - I have learned this lesson well - having a good sense of humour will help you to meet these challenges. So please! Subscribe! Thanks all, as always, your pal
    Hip

    ReplyDelete